As we get older the cartilage in our joints starts to break down naturally, causing painful inflammation and potentially, arthritis. Approximately one in four people suffer from persistent joint pain or arthritis, with nearly 30 million of us suffering from osteoarthritis, due to the degeneration of joint cartilage.
Turmeric is one of the most effective natural supplements. It has been used for hundreds of years in Asian medicine, it’s yellow pigment is caused by a substance called Curcumin which is its active ingredient.
Curcumin’s chemical structure makes it a powerful antioxidant that neutralises free radicals and toxins and helps your body fight against oxidative damage. This also makes it a potent anti-inflammatory with numerous benefits throughout the body:
1. Joints: curcumin in turmeric blocks specific enzymes that lead to inflammation in the body. In clinical studies, curcumin was found to outperform anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen.
2. Brain: Neurons in the brain are able to form new connections and increase in number with a growth hormone called brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), Curcumin can increase levels of BDNF in your brain and improve brain function.
3. Headaches: Low levels of serotonin and dopamine in our brain have been linked to headaches and migraines. Curcumin raises the levels of these neurotransmitters in your brain and has been shown to be an effective treatment for headaches.
4. Heart: Curcumin improves the health of our blood vessels by reducing the level of fatty deposits in the arteries helping to prevent clogged arteries which are a key risk factor for heart attacks and strokes.
5. Digestion: Research has shown that turmeric is incredibly effective at treating inflammation and irritation in the gut with it’s combined anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
6. Liver: The antioxidant effect of turmeric appears to be so powerful that it may stop your liver from being damaged by toxins.
7. Skin: Curcumin can also help with anti-ageing particularly in our skin with its antioxidant properties fighting the oxidative damage caused by pollution and UV light is believed to be one of the main reasons behind ageing.
Why is Golden Strength Turmeric Good?
Unfortunately, the curcumin in turmeric is poorly absorbed by your body, and taking turmeric alone isn’t enough to get an effective amount into our bloodstream. Supermarket turmeric used for cooking contains just 3-4% curcumin compared to 95% in Golden Strength Turmeric.
Our smart turmeric supplement combines organic turmeric powder containing high potency turmeric extract (95% curcumin – the active ingredient) PLUS piperine (black pepper), gingerols (ginger root), and capsaicin (cayenne) to increase the effective absorption of curcumin by over 2000%.
Turmeric: Studies show that curcumin (a polyphenol), a compound in turmeric, reduces inflammation in the body. As well as better regulation of inflammation, its other potential benefits include more stable blood sugar and fat levels, and improved brain levels of the omega-3 fatty acid called DHA (docosahexaenoic acid).
The anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects of curcumin have also been associated with improved regulation of blood pressure and cardiovascular health as well as helping arthritis and certain digestive disorders. As a result of its properties (particularly anti-inflammatory actions), turmeric is used for a wide variety of health conditions including arthritis, heartburn, joint pain, stomach pain, gas, stomach bloating, loss of appetite, jaundice, liver problems, high cholesterol, skin, and fatigue. It is also used for headaches, menstrual problems, water retention, maintaining blood sugar balance and kidney problems.
Ginger root: has a long tradition of being effective in alleviating symptoms of gastrointestinal distress. In herbal medicine, ginger is regarded as helping with gas and relaxing and soothing the gut. Modern scientific research has also revealed that ginger has antioxidant properties and the ability to help with inflammation and reduces day-to-day muscle pain. This is because ginger contains potent anti-inflammatory compounds called gingerols. People with osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis have been shown to have reduced pain and improvements in their mobility when they consume ginger regularly.
Cayenne: opens up every tissue in the body to help increase the flow of blood and therefore improves circulation. It is also used in the treatment of poor digestion. This is because cayenne pepper contains capsaicin, which gives the spice its heat and has analgesic properties. The pain-reducing effects of capsaicin are due to its effect on substance P, which is a chemical released in tissue damage that alerts the body to injury. Long-term or repeated exposure to capsaicin can reduce substance P in an area, leading to reduced pain.
Piperine: the fruit of a flowering vine, black pepper is in itself a traditional anti-inflammatory medicine and increases thermogenic activity – thermogenesis is the way of developing cellular energy, and this results in an increase in the metabolic rate of the body. When taken with turmeric, the piperine in the black pepper slows down the breakdown of curcumin in the gut. This gives the body more time to absorb the curcumin increasing it by over 2000%.
Zinc: is vital for growth and wound healing, zinc is also a powerful antioxidant and immune system booster, helping to protect you from infection. It is also thought to be important for brain function, a healthy nervous system and mental alertness. As an antioxidant and immune system booster, zinc can help to reduce pain and inflammation.
Vitamin B6: contributes to the normal function of the immune system, the regulation of hormonal activity, energy-yielding metabolism, and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
90 capsules, 1 capsule to be taken 1 – 3 times per day, with food
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Sugar Free
- Soy Free
- GMO Free