The evening primrose has yellow flower petals that bloom in the evening. In the past, Native Americans used evening primrose for healing purposes and today it is celebrated for its high Omega 6 content which is vital for brain, heart, and joint health.
How Will Evening Primrose Oil Help?
Evening Primrose Oil has particularly high levels of Omega 6 fatty acids gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) and linolenic acid, (LA). GLA produces hormone-like substances known as prostaglandins which work throughout the body:
1. Balances Hormones and counters the effects of PMS and menopause such as hot flushes, bloating, water retention, and irritability.
2. Supports the Heart by maintaining normal blood cholesterol levels, lowers blood pressure, and thins the blood.
3. Reduces Inflammation to help joint pain. In one trial 60% of people taking GLA were able to stop taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID). While another 25% were able to cut their NSAID usage by half.
4. Boosts Skin fatty acid levels and help to keep it feeling soft and reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
5. Reduces Dry Eyes, especially in contact lens wearers.
6. Improves Brain Function helping us focus, control, and calm brain activity.
Why Is Our Evening Primrose Oil Good?
Our Evening Primrose Oil ensures that you receive a daily high strength 1000mg dose of high-quality cold-pressed oil.
Cold-pressed oils retain healthy antioxidants that are otherwise damaged by being exposed to heat. Plus we’ve combined our Evening Primrose Oil with a powerful antioxidant, Vitamin E which helps to remove free radicals – unstable compounds that damage cells and cause illness.
Evening Primrose Oil: a flower native to North America but also found in Europe and parts of the Southern hemisphere. The evening primrose has yellow flower petals that bloom in the evening. Evening Primrose Oil contains high levels of omega 6 fatty acid, gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), and linolenic acid, which are important for reducing inflammation and contribute to the maintenance of normal blood cholesterol levels. Both acids are essential components of myelin, the protective coating around nerve cells.
Vitamin E: a powerful antioxidant, vitamin E helps to remove free radicals – unstable compounds that damage cell structure, increasing the risk of cancer, and weakening the immune system. It also protects against eye diseases, diabetes, pancreatic disorders, Alzheimer’s Disease, and supports healthy cholesterol levels, skin, and joint mobility.
90 capsules, take 1 to 3 capsules daily with water and preferably food
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Soy Free
- Sugar Free
- GMO Free