Krill oil is considered to be the richest form of Omega 3.
People use krill oil for the same reasons they use fish oil. However, unlike fish oil, krill oil contains a number of other vital nutrients that make it even better than traditional fish supplements:
1: Great Source of Omega 3s: The Omega 3 fatty acids EPA and DHA in Krill Oil are great for boosting your brainpower, reducing inflammation in joints, improving cholesterol levels, and alleviating PMS symptoms.
2. The Power of Phospholipids: Unlike fish oils, krill oil carries omega 3s in the form of phospholipids which deliver the fatty acids directly to the body’s cells. It makes the omega 3 fats in high-grade krill oil (such as ours) significantly more bioavailable than those in fish oil.
3. Antioxidant Astaxanthin: Krill oil has antioxidant properties over 40 times more powerful than those of fish oil. Antioxidants protect our cells from damage by harmful free radicals – unstable substances that cause illness.
4. Choline: Krill oil naturally contains choline. It is a vitamin-like nutrient crucial for normal cellular function and is particularly important for liver health and heart health.
5. Small Easy to Swallow Capsules: Unlike other marine oil capsules, such as fish oil, krill oil provides a more effective solution in small-sized capsules because of the phospholipids that make krill oil’s nutrients more bio-efficient. Plus they’re easy to digest – No more bloating and fish burps!
6. Sustainable & Toxin Free: The Southern Ocean is one of the most remote areas on our planet, and isolated from many environmental contaminants. Antarctic krill feed on plankton, close to the bottom of the food chain, and are, therefore, free of heavy metals or toxins such as mercury.
We exclusively source our krill from sustainable fisheries, through our partners Aker BioMarine™ who work with World Wildlife Foundation Norway.
Krill Oil: Essential fatty acids (EFAs) include both omega 3 fats (high in the vital compounds DHA and EPA) and omega 6 fats. EFAs cannot be manufactured by the body and must be obtained from our diet. They are beneficial for overall health and, more specifically, the brain, vision, heart, immune function, mood support and metabolism. In a perfect world, we would all be able to get enough EFAs from the fresh fish we eat. Unfortunately, as a result of environmental pollution and poor eating habits, this is now no longer a reality. Studies show that eating fish can potentially expose you to a high degree of contamination with industrial pollutants and toxins like mercury, heavy metals, and radioactive poisons. Krill oil provides a unique means of supplying the body with antioxidants, phospholipids, and omega 3 oils simultaneously. What’s more, it boasts antioxidants not seen in fish or cod liver oil.
Omega 3 fatty acids: Omega 3 fatty acids, are a family of polyunsaturated fats that you can only get from your diet. They’re essential fatty acids, as they are needed for health, but your body cannot produce them as it can other fats. Unlike fish oils, krill oil carries omega 3 in the form of phospholipids – liposomes that deliver the fatty acids directly to the body’s cells. Scientific evidence to date has shown that the safest and most effective carriers of EPA and DHA omega 3 fats are these phospholipids.
Astaxanthin: Antioxidants protect our bodies’ cells from damage by free radicals – unstable substances that are thought to contribute to illness and the ageing process. Krill oil has antioxidant properties over 40 times more powerful than those of fish oil. Unlike many other antioxidants, astaxanthin crosses the blood-brain barrier, where it can protect the eye, brain, and central nervous system from free radical damage. It can also protect your skin against the harmful effects of UV rays and the reduction of collagen as we get older.
Choline: Krill oil naturally contains choline. It is a vitamin-like nutrient crucial for normal cellular function and is particularly important for liver health and heart health.
60 capsules, 1 – 2 capsules to be taken per day
Warnings and allergy advice:
Not suitable for persons with an allergy to fish or shellfish.
People with coagulopathy or taking blood-thinning medication should consult their doctor before use.
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Sugar Free
- Soy Free
- GMO Free